Thursday, September 18, 2008

Post #4 re: Dad's Progress

He's out of recovery. He's visibly shaking, but that's due to the anesthesia and a slight fever (100). His toes itch. I told him I would try to scratch them for him and he said "no". Of course, he doesn't have those toes anymore so it was the Phantom Pain. His pain is 8-9 on a scale of 1-10. I haven't looked, but you can tell it's just a stub. He has a new roommate. The previous guy was taken back to ICU this morning. Dad said he was in really bad shape. The unit we are in is Emergency/Trauma and unfortunately it's overflowing. Oh goodness, that poor nurse just hit his "leg". It hurt him, but he said the pain is so bad he couldn't tell one from the other. He's saying the pain is different than what he felt this morning. I guess it would be. I'm going to have to get ready to head back home so this will probably be all for today. I'll plan to post more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, Please let us know, and I mean let us know, if we can help in any way. Rex is really concerned about Roger as I am too. He is a strong old fart and he is already ahead of the game as his upper body is already so strong. If anyone will handle this he will, but it will be hard. If we don't make it to the hospital we will see him at home.
Love Rex & Marlene

Anonymous said...

Stacy,
Let your dad know that we love him and are thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Please let us know if their is anything we can do.

Love ya all

Jason & Angie