Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday 10-1-08

Well, the first of October already. WOW - where did September go? Dad is doing well. I was able to spend a couple of hours with him yesterday. I took him some Wendy's for lunch and then we watched some television, played Phase 10 and UNO before his nurse lady showed up. I left then. Genny went out while I was there and did some shopping @ Wal-Mart and went to her favorite place for lunch - China Star. Chinese is such a treat for her and she has been so dedicated to taking care of dad thru all of this, she deserved some time to herself. Dad's been having the phantom pains in his "heel" He said he was having it the other day up to 10 times that one hour. He's supposed to be getting a walker. If I understand it correctly, his right leg needs to be down to get the stump used to the blood flow going in that direction. Not sure how all of that is going to work out, but it'll be fine. As usual, phone calls, cards, visits and emails are always appreciated. I'll be glad when we can get him out of the house and go for ice cream and rides thru the park. Thanks for all your Continued Prayers......

No comments: