Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kwik Shop Peeps

For those of you who may not know, the Kwik Shop is a convenience store chain we have in "these parts". When you walk in to the store every employee says, "Welcome to Kwik Shop" ~ seems friendly enough doesn't it? Well, think again.......they say it as if it's a habit - i'm sure they say it in their sleep - it is so insincere it's ridiculous. So I go in there the other day, 3 chicks were working - the manager was walking past me saying "Welcome to Kwik Shop" as she's trying to adjust her pants around her waist. Then the other two behind the counter mumbled "Welcome to Kwik Shop" as they had customers standing directly in front of them. I went about and got what I went there for. As I was paying for my purchase the gal says, "Would you like a lottery ticket, blah blah blah blah." She was being so "sincere" I couldn't even understand what she said. I was so frustrated when I left. Now listen, my work is VERY Customer Service oriented as is theirs. I just can't understand how they can be so ingenuine toward the very people who give them jobs. Maybe they are taught this and will get in trouble if they don't say it to each and every person who walks thru that door. Personally, I would rather they say hello only if it's by looking me in the eye, smiling and being sincere. Also, since I was wearing a name tag she could have used my name. Just my thought for today......Take Care and God Bless Each and Every One of You - I'm being genuine and sincere! Stacy

1 comment:

Julie Garcia said...

Sure is hard to find people capable of giving sincere and genuine customer service. Believe me, I know! Hope you had a nice Easter. I updated my blog with some new pictures. Talk to you soon.
Love J