Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, March 23, 2009

Well Hello, it's been a few weeks again. As I type this I am in a MAJOR amount of pain with my back. I don't know how these things happen, it seems like one moment i'm fine and the next I'm barely being able to move. Oh well, it's happened before, it'll go away some time.
Well, a week ago I was on a train headed back from California. The trip was wonderful. A little recount for you all......
Friday morning we left @ 4am from Hutch, it took me about an hour to get used to seeing the train car in front of me swaying back and forth. It was the observation car so it was a little more light on the tracks and really swaying good. I sat next to a woman who was sleeping and woke up shortly before stop in La Junta CO. She was a nice lady, going to visit family in the mountains. In Lamy, NM I got a new passenger, her name was Penny, she is from Taos and was headed to Victorville as were we. She was really hoping to be by herself on the train so I hope I wasn't too awful of a companion. She was very talkative and had a list of all the places where she wanted to eat when she arrived for her week long stay. She was funny!
Julie and Buddy were waiting for us @ 4:00am @ the Victorville Train Depot. Bless their hearts, new parents and getting up in the middle of the night just to come and get us. Right when we got to their place we were greeted by their 6 dogs. Aunt Shirley got up, but all I needed was baby Lincoln. There he was, in his pack 'n play sleeping so sweet and sound. Buddy made us McMac's for breakfast and then we went back to sleep for a few hours.
We went to Wrightwood that day. It was gorgeous, but of course that's because we stayed in town, we didn't go up the mountain. I'm not a mountain person at all!!!!! We got pizza @ the Mile High Pizza in Wrightwood and took it home. My cousin Jeff, Julie's brother, came by the house that evening for a little while. It was good to see him. Sunday we went to breakfast @ Nilsen's, their usual Sunday morning routine. I always like going there. They say, "where we treat you like family" That's the truth! You feel like your in your mom's, in this case ~ Brenda's, big kitchen w/ all the family around. It's awesome! Then we went on back to the house and prepared for a big family/friends bbq. We had a really good time w/ that, celebrated Jason's birthday, Julie and Buddy's good friend. Michelle, Jason's wife, and I played a dozen games of pool in the game room and we just listened to music and goofed off. It was a nice time. Before I knew it, it was time to pack our stuff and get ready to go. I was so sad. As much as I missed home, I wished I could have stayed a while longer. I'm adding some pic's of Mr. Lincoln and our time out there last weekend! Please enjoy! Love to all! Stac

1 comment:

Julie Garcia said...

I finally updated my blog too. I love that picture of Lincoln all by himself. Can you email that one to me? Also, if you could email me any of the 4 generation pics you have that would be great too. I only had one that came out half ways decent. We sure had a nice time visiting with you guys and I know you and Michelle hit it off real well too. Talk to you soon.
Love J