Friday, July 9, 2010

I Know I Know......July 9, 2010

Ok, so it's been a while, too long to mention in fact. Since I can't think of everything I may want to tell you about over the last "few" months I'll just kind of "start over".

I started this blog when dad had his trike mishap in September of 2008. Well, it's been almost 2 years since that happened and all is well. He is doing great and enjoying life. He has started a great new hobby of making knives. He buys the blades and handles, designs the handles the way he wants and then puts them together. They are really awesome, but for some reason he hasn't made Scott, Andrew and I one (hint, hint dad). He has also made some display cases for them and took them to a gun and knife show. I think he sold 8 of them and was fairly happy with that. He has also still been taking his trike to some shows around town. He attended the Hutch Rod Run over the 4th of July weekend. He just loves dinkin' around in his garage.

Genny hasn't been feeling too well lately with her allergies, they've mixed her up a new serum to take in between trips to the clinic for her weekly allergy shots so hopefully that will help her to feel better soon. She's working hard as ever @ the storage units and in her yard. She does a masterful job with gardening and landscaping, I'm envious!

Kim and the kids are doing well. They are seeing some major changes in their daily lives that will hopefully bring great things in their future. I will expand more on that in the coming months. Just know that they are doing well and please keep them in your prayers!

Andrew became a teenager in April. It's hard to believe, but it is true. He is looking forward to entering the 7th grade @ our middle school, HMS 7, but I think the enormity of it might be a shock to him at first. He is used to being @ the grade school with about 60 kids in each grade level, now there will be about 400 7th graders all day long. I'm worn out just thinking about what those teachers go thru each day. I sometimes look at him and see the baby i once picked up out of his crib and then sometimes I look at him and see the young man God is shaping him to be. What a crazy range of motions that is and I know all you parents can attest to what I mean! He is such an AWESOME person and I am looking forward to seeing the great things God will do with him. Andrew has such a Heart of Gold I can't imagine the things he will, thru God's leading, be able to do. He has so many things he thinks he wants to do when he starts a career, I'll be anxious to see if any of that is in God's plans for him. It's fun to hear him dream, makes me happy!

Scott and I are doing well. Still @ the same jobs, Scott for 21+ years and me for 20+ years. We celebrated our 19th Wedding Anniversary in June and in August we will celebrate 23 years of being a couple. I guess you can say we are the type of people who committ to things in our lives. Ya think?

We bought a "new" car in May. It is a 2009 Chevy Impala. It's black. Very basic, but very nice. We feel fortunate to have been able to get it. We are now making plans to take a few road trips, the first big one will be to K.C. in August. We will go spend a few days with my step-sister Lu Ann and her kiddos, Rae Ann and Garet. We always have so much fun with them.

I have so many things I would love to tell everyone about, but it's just too much so I'll try to break it up into little pieces. I would love to tell you when I will post again, but obviously I'm not good about staying with it, so please bear with me and just keep checking back.

I would love to hear from each of you who read this so please post a comment. Take care and God Bless each and every one of you! Love ya ~ Stac

No comments: