Thursday, September 18, 2008

Entry #2 re: Dad

Ok, they took dad to surgery @ 11:30ish. The surgery should start @ 1pm (right now). They will amputate. Please know this was dad's decision. The doctors explained that if they did not amputate there would be many more surgeries, skin grafting, recoveries and he still would probably not have use of the foot. He said, "I'm done with this pain, cut it off". I looked him in the eyes this morning and asked him if he was ok with having this amputation done, guess I just had to have him tell me by looking me in the eye. He said, "Yes" So we are all fine with it. It's always scary watching someone you love be carted away from you on a hospital bed. He smiled at me this morning when I told him he was all "screwed" up. He now has 8 screws in his body, but after the amputation it will be back to 6 screws. I wished I could of taken a picture of him smiling and put it on here. Kimberly and I bought him a orange fuzzy monkey to hang from his bed yesterday along w/ a balloon that says "Some people will do anything for attention". He said he wants us to give him a mohawk and color his hair orange. So I'll be doing that when he gets home, speaking of getting home, I'll get back to business. He may be home in 2 days. I don't know if that means 2 days from today or tomorrow. I'll let you know. Ok, I'm gonna sign off, I've "rattled" on long enough. Thanks for the prayers, keep them coming! Love to all!

No comments: