Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sat. 8-27-08

Hello.....Dad is doing well. He had a little mix-up w/ his pain meds, St. Francis hospital sent him home with a prescription for pergiset (sp?) for the pain when he had been taking loritab. Anyway, the pergiset did not do well by him, I think the pain was ok, but it caused him quite a bit of anxiety. So Genny got that switched back for him and last night he was doing much better. Don, Michelle, Brock and Sydney all arrived last night about 6:00ish. It is nice to see them. That little Sydney is such a beautiful, good little girl. She likes it when dad talks "Donald Duck" to her. He recounted some of the accident again last night. I feel like I need to make something clear. When dad was talking about trying to wave someone down and several people weren't stopping I was really upset. I thought they should be able to tell he was in trouble, but he defended the passers-by. He said that since he was sitting up on the bike and his foot was back, it really wasn't visible to them. So, I was wrong in being upset with them, but dang-it, he needed help. Thanks again to Jay and his work partner who did stop to help. Dad also explained to us how they did the amputation. He also showed us how he can now move his right leg back and forth, up and down. It was really cool. One other thing though, he is going to have to go back on the blood pressure medicine. Darn. We are also watching his fever real close. It's been a little high. His cousin Kathy send him a really nice blanket. It will sure keep him warm this winter. OK, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I'm really gonna try to get some more pic's on this weekend. Take care! Continued Prayers......

No comments: