Saturday, October 18, 2008

Update from Genny

Roger had his first two physical therapy's this past week and she really put him through the mill. What's really neat is that she has all this cool equipment- tread mill, stationary bike, weights and even a climbing device. Soooooooooooo while poor Roger is being tormented- I am getting a free work out. Ha- He got his stump shaper in the mail yesterday and today we will put it on and see how it goes. We moved him back into our room last night and he slept better as our bed is much firmer. I slept better just knowing he was next to me again and not having to worry about not hearing him call me in the night. That was probably the biggest reason that I wasn't sleeping good. I was a bit worried about rolling over and hurting him but every time I moved I woke up fast. Roger wants to get up and go play in the garage today. A very good sign. I see his strength getting stronger every day now. He won't last long but his therapist told him to get up more and start getting back to his normal life style -as much as he can - if he wants to go hunting in December. We will have to go up and look at the cabin he and his friends use so we can see if it will accommodate him. He thinks it will but I aim to make sure before I turn him over to his buddies. I trust them completely but there are some things even a buddy doesn't want to do. They have already done so much to help him that it brings tears to my eyes just knowing he has such wonderful friends. What a blessing they have been. One of Kim's kids have been sick this week so she hasn't been able to come see her daddy. She calls but as you know it's just not the same as seeing with your own eyes. I hope she gets over this weekend to see how good her daddy is doing. If I can't get out she goes to the store for me and brings me fattening crap that I have to eat to be polite. I just have to work out more at my FREE gym. Ha Ha. Mom comes over and sets with her boy but she has been a little under the weather also. I think we are all coming down from the adrenaline rush we have been on for weeks. Stacy is still my greatest source of strength. Just knowing I can call and she will be here in an instant if I need help is all the reassurance I need. This is really a special family and thank you all for letting me be a part of it. Genny

No comments: