Sunday, December 21, 2008
New Update on Dad 12-21-2008
Dad's doin' great! He got his prosthesis, foot and all. He got it on Friday the 19th. It took quite a bit of adjusting while they were there, but he wore it home and then wore it for a couple of hours afterward. Scott, Andrew and I went over Saturday afternoon to see it. We got to watch the process of how he puts it on. That was quite a chore, I'm sure he'll have it all down pat real soon. You just really don't think about all that has to go in to getting it on. I have posted pictures. I was amazed that the foot actually has toe nails. We teased him about painting them, but he wasn't going for that. He was THRILLED when the fella told him he could wear it just sitting down.....he said "good, then I can wear it riding my trike." hmmmm.......his trike isn't even ready, he still has to get the foot boards put on it. Oh well, I'm sure the trike and dad will be ready by spring. So hear are some pictures. The new leg is gonna take some getting used to, with his stump and all, but dad's proven time and again that he'll work thru it just fine! Enjoy the new pic's and as always Continued Prayers.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great pictures. Looks like he's getting it all figures out. I remember watching my Dad with his leg too. Quite a process. Even just taking care of the stump so it doesn't change shape takes some effort. We had a lot of snow last week and Buddy tried to pull the quad out but it was just too much snow. Maybe he'll be able to get it out this week since it's finally melting.
Merry Christmas!! Love J
Merry Christmas to you all. Also, Happy Belated Birthday Wishes to you and Scott. I hope you got everything you wanted. I'm hearing a rumor about a train ride to California maybe in March.... Wonder who could possibly be on that train?...
Love J
Post a Comment