Happy Thursday! Does today's title sound strange? Well, here's the deal. I go to Burger King for breakfast quite often. There is one gal that works the drive-thru there that I deal with quite a bit. She is a really nice lady, recognizes me and calls me hun (ugh). Although she's nice, she leaves a lot to be desired in her customer service skills. She is always in such a rush to get my stuff out to me that the other day she went to hand me my coke and dropped it, then she had the nerve to blame it on me. She told me, in a joking way of course, that she had just worked really hard to clean the parking lot and then i went and messed it up by dropping my coke. Well, the fact of the matter was, SHE DROPPED THE COKE, you see, when she hands me my items she is so worried about rushing around and doing this and doing that, she doesn't pay attention to the customer right in front of her. I thought, if she'd just slow down a minute and focus on what is going on she would have realized that she barely puts her hand out the door expecting me to be able to reach the darn thing. I pulled up to the window as far as I possibly could, without taking my mirror completely off, which is another story for another day. Also, this morning she said, "There you go hun," without even looking @ me. So, what do I think I've learned from the BK lady?
1. To slow down and focus on the person in front of me, don't worry so much about the other distractions until the time is appropriate.
2. Reach out to your customers/co-workers/family members to make sure that what you are doing for them is what they need and not shorting them - Don't Drop the Coke!
3. IF you drop the coke, accept responsibility, don't blame them!
4. Look @ the person when you are talking to them. Don't look off into the sky "hun"
5. I need to quit going to Burger King so much!
God Bless you all! Love ~ Stac
2 comments:
Well, that was my laugh for the day. This also proves that you are never too old to learn from others.
Love and Hugs -
???????????????????????????????????
I thought you were working out now in the morning...?
Post a Comment