It's been a while. Things have been busy, but today the Smith's start vacation so hopefully we'll have some down time to catch up on things. Last Sunday (5.31) Christian participated in the Hershey's Track & Field that was put on by the Hutchinson Recreation Commission. He did the softball throw and the 50 yard dash. It was a warm sunny day, but he did terrific. He took 10th place in the softball throw w/ having thrown the ball between 26 & 27 yards. He did very well in the dash too, not exactly sure where he placed, but he said, "it wasn't first, but it definitely wasn't last." So he was happy! I'm just a really proud Aunt - that kiddo has come a long way! He's AWESOME! He's playing machine pitch baseball this summer. he's been practicing for about a month now, his 1st game was supposed to be on the 2nd of June, but was rained out. We are looking forward to the game this Tuesday. He's really good, his coach is real impressed w/ him.
Andrew is having a good summer - not doing much of anything - but that's ok, he's a kid, won't be too many more years he'll be working for the rest of his life. He spent last Thursday w/ my dad, Genny, Grandma Rice and "adopted" sister Dawn. I will post some pics of them all sometime. Andrew had a FABULOUS day, he loves hanging out w/ Grandpa and Grandma. They took him to the Reno County Museum and got to do a bunch of fun things. Dad had been wanting to see the polio display they had there b4 the museum closes for the summer so they were able to accomplish that.
Grandma Rice goes for a bone scan on Friday the 12th - please pray for her, not sure what's going on, but her foot has been bugging her for a year and a half so she finally decided it was bad enough to be looked at. I'll update the blog if/when I hear anything.
All the Hutch group is excited for our family from Kansas City to come in a couple of weeks. RaeAnn and Garet will be here for the week and LuAnn will come to pick them up on the weekend. RaeAnn will be going on the annual trip w/ her Kansas Cosmosphere Summer Camp group - THIS YEAR THEY ARE GOING TO HOUSTON - for a few days. She has always wanted to be an astronaut and/or do something in that field. I know she is just over-the-top excited to be going this summer. Garet will be here to spend the week and there aren't a lot of structured activities planned, but if any of you know my mom (NANA) there won't be very many "lazy" moments. She's WONDERFUL about doing everything she can for and with the kids so I don't think they'll have time to get lazy! As-a-matter-of-fact Mom and I are planning to take the 3 older boy cousins, Andrew, Garet & Christian to Cheney Lake one night while Garet's here to spend the night in a cabin up there. It'll be an experience I'm sure. We're definitely looking forward to it though!
My Grandma Schwartz (mom's mom) celebrated her 85th birthday on the 28th of May. My, if I can be as active as she is when I'm 85, I'll be happy. She's a go-getter that's for sure! It's hard to keep up with her schedule, but I'm so thankful the Lord has blessed her to be able to be going so well so late in life! I don't have any pic's of the party yet, maybe I can get some soon, but we had a nice party for her outside @ my Uncle Danny & Aunt Rita's house, just sat around outside, the kids did a pinata and we had ice cream sundaes. It was a really nice, small group, but fun time.
Dad & Genny are doing well. Dad's just doing what he always does - being CRAZY!!!! He took his trike out for about a 6-mile drive a couple of weeks ago and figured out what else he needs to do to it to get it to his liking. Genny had to have surgery on her miniscus (sp?) and thankfully is doing really well from that. She started her own exercising b4 therapy started last wednesday and then went to the dr. this past friday and the doc said everything looked great so she went out to the mall. She did have her brace on and all, but like I said, thankfully, she is doing really well. We went over the other night to pick strawberries out of dad and Genny's garden, man were them things good! Breck got some of the best ones, he'd pick them, take and bite and then say, "them's nasty", while making a face and throw it down. SO ADORABLE.
Kim's working at the old folks care home - can't remember the name of it - doing her CNA on the weekends and then is off during the week. It seems to be working really well for her, but she would still like to have some hours during the week. She and all her kiddos seem to be doing very well. Brianna will be in the 8th grade in the fall, Christian in the 4th and Breck will go to HeadStart.
Scott and Andrew are doing FANTABULOUS! As I said, we are on vacation this upcoming week and really looking forward to spending a lot of time together.
Well I'd better sign off - been long enough already. Take care, God Bless and Love Ya ~ Stac
1 comment:
It's always nice to see the photos of your family (which sometimes includes some of MY family!). I will be looking forward to updates when you get your new computer. Love, Aunt Shirley
Post a Comment