Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5, 2009

Hello to all.....it's been quite a while since I posted to the blog. Our home computer is down so I haven't been able to do as much as I'd like computer-wize. Anyway, seems like a lot has been happening lately. Andrew got braces on July 2nd and is doing very well with them. He is so handsome and the braces just add an extra sparkle to his smile. He is enjoying his summer, being lazy, but it's hard for me to not allow him that.....he's gonna have so many working years ahead of him, as a kid I want him to be able to enjoy the summers. He is looking forward to 6th grade. He will be in the orchestra, playing the cello. I'm anxious to see how that goes, the teacher who he tried out with said he was a natural w/ the instrument - huh???? - he has an orchestra camp in August and then starts school on Aug. 24. They are doing construction @ every school in town so he will have some new things at school for his last year @ McCandless - that's hard to believe. My mom quit her job after 24 years there. It was time.......I'm excited that she is getting to enjoy some time off, she has worked so hard raising us and doing all the other things she's needed to do over the years, I'm thankful she has this down time. She and Lew have some traveling plans over the next couple of months and then maybe in the fall, Sept/Oct"ish" she'll look for something part-time. As a part of her quitting Lew told her she could get a dog since she would be home to take care of it. She figured she'd get a dog come fall she told us she really wanted another poodle (they had one when i was a little tyke - trixie) maybe a little older, house-trained, laid-back, etc. Well guess what........through the grapevine she was connected w/ a woman who was needing to get rid of a poodle, 15 months old, house-trained, kennel-trained, laid-back, etc. As you can see - she got her puppy - he arrived a little sooner than expected, but it all just worked out. He is meant to be their dog.....loves laying on your lap and is VERY laid-back. Just what they need. Well, that's about it for now. Take care and God Bless each and every one of you! Stac

1 comment:

ksgma said...

Nice to see the new pictures. It's hard to believe how grown-up Andrew is getting! Has Sammy seen Cocoa? I guess that makes Cocoa an uncle to your dog!!