Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr. Day 1-19-09

Good Morning....don't really know who all is following the blog anymore, but I think I'll send out an email reminding everyone about it. Today has been a great day so far. I know it's only like 6:30am so there is still a lot of day ahead, but I met Jennifer @ the YMCA @ 5:00am for a workout. It was really nice, we did the weight machines and the treadmill. It was nice to start catching up with her again. It was nice to have someone to work out wiht and Jenn and I are the type of friends who can not have spoken for months and then just pick up like we talk every day. It was so great! I'm proud of us for getting up and getting going. Everytime I work out I always remember how much I enjoy it and kick myself for not sticking w/ it. I planning to stick with it now. This past weekend was really good, we had family fun day on Saturday and went out to dinner @ Applebee's, let me tell you something, that son of ours, he can eat!!!! He was hungry for steak so we said sure, whenever he'll eat and whatever he'll it has always pretty much been how we've handled things since all of his stomach issues as a little guy. Anyway, he orders the 7 oz. sirloin.....ATE THE WHOLE THING all by himself and could have had more if there was any left. Of course, that is all he ate, no side dishes, but out bill was NOT CHEAP!!!! We thought from now on we will have to start budgeting for those type of outings....my goodness....it was great, but we can tell he's a growing boy! We went to church on Sunday and found out that Youth Group starts in the 6th grade, which Andrew will be after this school year so we are excited for him to get to start with that! He has such a tender and caring heart I just know God is going to use it for His good. I'm so looking forward to watching him grow physically and spiritually! Well, that is all for now, Jennifer and I are meeting again @ 5am tomorrow B4 we have to go to work, wonder how that will turn out. Thanks to all who are keeping up with us on the blog, I just love writing on it and sharing pics w/ you! Love ya!

2 comments:

Julie Garcia said...

That's awesome that you are getting to work-out. 5am is awfully early for me though. I get too tired these days but Buddy & I are going to start taking walks again after Lincoln is here. Of course we have a stroller so Lincoln can go with us. We also have one of those sling things so we could carry him on our walks too. Sounds like Andrew and Buddy have alot in common with their eating habits (although Buddy will eat potatoes and corn as sides.)! I'm looking forward to having my mom here. We'll see if we can put up with each other for about 6 wks. The family there is going to be lost without her for that long I think. They take her for granted. Buddy & I are going out to dinner tomorrow night for my Bday at the Outback Steakhouse. Talk to you soon. Love, J

Anonymous said...

Yay, for you and Jen for working out together! I can tell she enjoys it as well and she's already done such a great job.... although, you didn't show up this morning, Stac!! Where were you??? (Just joking!) I told Jen you probably slept in on your day off! HA! :o)

AND....OMG!!! Mr. A is eating 7 oz. Steaks?? Where has the time gone? I remember watching him and feeding him oatmeal cookies for breakfast and lunch! LOL! I'm glad he's such a hearty eater now! A growing healthy boy!!

Love you guys!