Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update on Dad from Genny


Well things are getting back to normal around here -at last. Roger's friend Gene went and got Roger's bike out of the Honda hospital and they have been working on it. They put the back rest on for me, new foot holder for me, leather packs on the front for Roger and his side shields . He spent hours cleaning and polishing it after that. Before he got the trike back- he kept looking out the window to the door that goes into the garage. I asked him if he was missing his trike and he said he was. I took one of the pictures of him setting on it and taped it to that window so he could pretend it was back in the garage. Now the bike is really there and he was complaining that he couldn't see the bike because of the stuff in front of it. I left the picture up for now. I've sent a few pictures of him and Gene working on it. Later he asked me to go get his leg so he could ride it around the block. I of course responded, " Oh hell no!!!" He didn't ride it. After I thought about it- for a day or two- I told him he could the next time it was nice -if he only rode it around the neighborhood. He said that was all he was brave enought to try right now. I will be on the back with him so I can choke him if he even looks like he's going on the main street. He might be ready but I'm not sure I am. Ha- His stump is healing very well and only a small scab left to deal with. If it wasn't so cold he would have already been out dragging the parking lot -for my boss - in his six wheeler. He's back to normal- what ever that is.

No comments: