Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4, 2009

Good Morning to all.....we're on vacation this week ~ YEAH!!!! We're having a nice and relaxed time, not having much of a schedule and just going at, what we call, "vacation mode" We are gearing up for another school year, AJ will be in 6th grade this year, so hard to believe. He's "big man" on campus now. Seems like just the other day I was walking him in to kindergarten (tears) I think he's had a pretty good summer, he's gotten to spend a lot of time w/ family, we've had several visits w/ cousins from KC and Texas and w/Aunt Kimmie home during the week, Grandpa Roger and Grandma Genny home and of course Nana and Grandpa home, he's had plenty of people to keep him busy. He's also spent a couple of days w/ Grandma Schwartz which I think they've both really enjoyed. Next week he will have orchestra practice every day for his cello, Julie, didn't you bring one of those home one year? I can't wait for this hot and humid weather to leave, I can't stand it.
As you will be able to see in one of the pictures, Brianna got new glasses, she is such a beautiful person and I really think the glasses show the sparkle in her eye. Christian played baseball for the Hutch Rec this summer, he is awesome! I think his favorite position was pitcher, but he played the outfield a lot as well as catcher once. I thought he did a great job as catcher, but you seem to get hit by the ball a lot in that position. Breck is talkin' up a storm, he is such a funny little guy, so sweet. He has spent a great deal of time this summer with his new little friend Dylan who lives next door. They are so cute together. Kimberly has been able to be home during the week days and works on the weekends, it seems to me like that has worked out pretty well, especially for the summer.
Mom and Lew are enjoying the summer together. Coco is adjusting well to his new life w/ them. They went to Indianapolis this past week for a church convention and were able to leave Coco w/ a friend who loved and spoiled him, I'm sure. They will leave again this weekend for New Mexico to see Lew's sister-in-law and her husband. Hopefully it will be a relaxing time for them all.
Dad and Genny are doing well. We are all looking forward to a visit from my step-sister Lisa. She will be here around the middle of August for a week, she has gotten her orders and will leave for Turkey sometime in Sept. She will be there for a year. Grandma Rice is doing pretty well too, Darren, Kim (darren's wife), Trey, Brock and Iris were here for a visit in July. It was nice to get to spend a week w/them. Kim is such a sweetheart ~ Darren did good! Iris and Dee are supposed to come back to Hutch in Sept. for the fair. Sure hope they make it, we haven't seen Uncle Dee in such a long time.
Well, that's all for now I think, take care and please send an email to say hello, our address is teamsmith3@prodigy.net or firstvend1@hotmail.com ~ either one will reach us. Love to all and God Bless! Stac

No comments: