Well Hello, yes it's been a couple of weeks and I think I finally am going to be able to get the pic's on this time. It's been a busy couple of weeks. My Uncle Dee has been diagnosed w/ cancer, we're still waiting on a final say as to what kind and exactly where all it is located so since he and Aunt Iris were supposed to come up for the fair and now probably won't be able to, my dad was kind enough to let me borrow his truck last weekend and I took Grandma Rice, Christian and Andrew down to see them. Dad wasn't able to go as he and Genny were preparing for a visit from Lisa. Grandma and I talked on the way down there how we'd liked to have been able to have everyone, Dad, Genny, Kim, Brianna, Christian, Breck, Grandma, Scott, Andrew and myself rent a 15 passenger van and just load up and go down there, but it didn't work out, maybe sometime it will. Anyway, we had a WONDERFUL visit w/ everyone down there. Darren and his wife Kim and their kids, Trey and Becca were there as well so Aunt Iris and Uncle Dee had a house full, but who would want it any other way? We had lots of food and good times playing cards and just visiting. Wouldn't trade those kind of times for anything. It was a fast and furious trip, but so worth it! Thanks Dad for letting us borrow your truck!
Andrew started school today, our big 6th grader. We had open house @ his school last Thursday and found out his teacher is Mrs. Becher. She is nice, Andrew has gotten to work w/ her some from patrolling last year, she is in charge of patrol. Anyway, he is also on patrol so hopefully he hasn't forgotten what he learned last year. Andrew walked to school this morning and didn't want mom going w/ him, boohoo. I love watching him grow up and become the person God has intended him to be, but sometimes it's just difficult!
Overall it's been a FABULOUS summer! Lots of time w/ family and friends and a couple of vacations worked in there too. Couldn't ask for anything better! God Bless all of ya and have a fantastic school year! Stac
2 comments:
Nice to get the up-date and see all the cute pictures. I hope things go well for Dee. Good Luck to Andrew in the 6th grade - the 3 here all had a good first day of school. - Aunt Shirley
Wow. Sounds like a whirlwind trip. I hope everything turns out ok and that it's not too serious. I'll try to give you a call this upcoming weekend or on Labor day and see if I can explain how to add videos. Does your digital camera take videos or only pictures? I can't believe Andrew is already going into the 6th grade! My, how time flies!! Lincoln is already 6 months old. Seems like just yesterday when you were out here to meet him.
Love, J
Post a Comment